Duration & Time Commitment: June 2019 – August 2019
Salary Range: $18 – $20/hour
Job Classification: Short-Term
Supervisor: Senior Research Scientist
Application Due Date: 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 29, 2019
FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership seeks a Short-Term Field Technician to work as part of the Partnership's Science Team. This position supports the Estuary Partnership’s ecosystem monitoring and habitat restoration action effectiveness monitoring programs. The intent of this position is to provide valuable experience in basic and advanced field data collection along with data management experience that will support future career goals. We place a priority on applications from candidates who come from or have experience with diverse populations and underserved communities, including communities of color and low-income communities. The successful candidate will thrive in a team environment, have strong communication skills, and be comfortable working in a field setting. For more information, please see the full position description.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Affirmation
The Estuary Partnership is committed to increasing diversity in the environmental field by providing supportive career development opportunities for people of color. People from communities of color, underserved communities, and low-income communities are strongly encouraged to apply. We place a priority on applications from people who come from or have experience with diverse populations and underserved communities, including communities of color and low-income communities.
The Estuary Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin, age, disability, physical appearance or genetic information, cultural, socio-economic status, or military or veteran status. The Estuary Partnership is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and values the hiring of protected veterans or individuals with veteran status. Discrimination is not tolerated at the Estuary Partnership.
The Estuary Partnership will only accept online applications for this position. To apply, please follow the application instructions below, fill out the online form, and upload a single PDF or Microsoft Word document that contains the required information. Applications must include the following, or they will not be accepted:
- Cover Letter: Your letter should discuss your specific experience relevant to the job description.
- Detailed Resume: Your resume should provide dates and specific duties of current and past employment.
- Professional References: Provide the names, organizations, and titles of three professional references. References will not be contacted without your prior permission.
- Question Response: Submit your answers in business format to the following questions. Your answers will be evaluated for writing style, clarity, and content. Each answer must be not less than 200 words and not exceed 450 words.
- Describe how this position supports your current or future career goals in pursuing a career in natural resource conservation field. Describe your experience working in a team environment.
- Please describe how your experiences, interests, culture, and/or outlook can contribute to our goal of having a more diverse work force.