Explore Vancouver Lake from a whole new perspective!
Register on Eventbrite
Join the Estuary Partnership for canoe paddle aboard an incredibly stable 29' canoe. Glide past shore birds, look for signs of beaver activity, and celebrate spring on the peaceful lake!
Who can paddle?
- Big Canoe trips are open to the public and are suitable for ages 5 and up. Previous paddling experience is not necessary!
- Paddlers must step down 2.5 feet into the canoe and sit on a wooden bench without back support.
Do I need any equipment or special gear?
- Please come prepared for the weather with raingear or a hat and sunscreen.
- Personal flotation devices (PFD's) in youth - XXL are provided.
Can I bring my camera or cell phone?
- Yes. Be advised that we cannot guarantee the safety of electronic devices and do not offer dry bags. Occasional splashes and rain make the bottom of the boat wet, but typically gear in a pocket will stay dry.
Are paddle trips safe?
- Safety is always the first priority. Our guides are trained in on-water rescue, CPR, and Wilderness First Aid.
- Water activities carry inherent risk; guides take precautions to ensure a safe paddling experience.
- See our safety protocols or contact us for more information about how we stay safe on the water.