Volunteering with the Estuary Partnership is a great way to learn about and experience the Columbia River.
Volunteer events are tree plantings and take place Saturdays from 9am - noon, unless otherwise indicated. Pre-registration is required. Please contact Samantha Dumont, 503-226-1565 x245 / email@example.com with questions or to register.
2016-17 Volunteer Events
- September 24, 2016 - Vancouver Lake Eco-Blitz, WA
- October 22, 2016 - Salmon Creek, Vancouver, WA
- November 5, 2016 - Salmon Creek, Vancouver, WA
- November 19, 2016 - Sandy River Delta, Troutdale, OR
- December 10, 2016 - Sandy River Delta, Troutdale, OR (rescheduled for January 21 due to weather)
- Monday, January 16, 2017 - La Center Bottoms, La Center, WA (MLK National Day of Service)
- January 21, 2017 - Sandy River Delta, Troutdale, OR
- February 25, 2017 - La Center Bottoms, La Center, WA
- March 4, 2017 - Vancouver Lake Park, WA
- March 18, 2017 - Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Washougal, WA
You can help to protect and preserve the Columbia River by planting trees. Estuary Partnership tree plantings are suitable for all ages. All plantings are on Saturdays from 9am to Noon unless otherwise noted. Other dates and times may be available by request. We encourage early registration since plantings are limited to 40 participants and fill-up quickly.
Pre-registration is required. Please contact Samantha Dumont, 503-226-1565 x245 / firstname.lastname@example.org, to register or with questions.
Columbia River Water Trail Projects are a fun way to learn about and experience the river. Projects vary from year to year. They typically involve paddling personal kayaks or canoes, or paddling our 18+ passenger canoes. Past projects include island campsite maintenance and litter removal.
If you have attended a planting and are interested in doing more volunteering with the Estuary Partnership follow this link.
The Estuary Partnership and its partners need on-going help monitoring and maintaining our restoration sites. Volunteers includes those from youth corps, seasonal camps, scouting organizations, religious affiliations, and other groups. Tasks include weeding, watering, plant surveying, water testing and more. Please contact us to discuss opportunities in your area.