Volunteering with the Estuary Partnership is a great way to learn about and experience the Columbia River.
2014-15 Volunteer Planting Events Schedule - Click here for the: 2014-15 Volunteer Events Flyer
- September 20, 2014 - Salmon Creek, Vancouver, WA (National Estuaries Week)
- October 11, 2014 - Salmon Creek, Vancouver, WA
- October 25, 2014 - Salmon Creek, Vancouver, WA
- November 15, 2014 - Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Washougal, WA
- January 19, 2015 - Benson State Park, Multnomah Falls, OR (Martin Luther King, Jr. National Day of Service)
- February 21, 2015 - Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Washougal, WA
- February 21, 2015 - Meldrum Bar Park, Gladstone, OR
- February 28, 2015 - Benson State Park, Multnomah Falls, OR
- March 7, 2015 - Benson State Park, Multnomah Falls, OR
March 14, 2014 - Benson State Park, Multnomah Falls, OR- cancelled
Pre-registration is required. Click on the event(s) above to register. Questions? Please contact Samantha Dumont, 503-226-1565 x245 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can help to protect and preserve the Columbia River by planting trees. Estuary Partnership tree plantings are suitable for all ages. All plantings are on Saturdays from 9am to Noon unless otherwise noted. Other dates and times may be available by request. We encourage early registration since plantings are limited to 40 participants and fill-up quickly.
Pre-registration is required. Please contact Samantha Dumont, 503-226-1565 x245 / email@example.com, to register or with questions.
Columbia River Water Trail Projects are a fun way to learn about and experience the river. Projects vary from year to year. They typically involve paddling personal kayaks or canoes, or paddling our 18+ passenger canoes. Past projects include island campsite maintenance and litter removal.
The Estuary Partnership and its partners need on-going help monitoring and maintaining our restoration sites. Volunteers includes those from youth corps, seasonal camps, scouting organizations, religious affiliations, and other groups. Tasks include weeding, watering, plant surveying, water testing and more. Please contact us to discuss opportunities in your area.