Salary Range: $44,300 – $64,300, Full Time Equivalent
Job Classification: Regular, Exempt
Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package Offered
Hours: 32 – 40 Hours Per Week
Supervisor: Executive Director
Application Due Date: 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
The Executive Assistant provides advanced administrative support to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Management Team on a variety of program-wide tasks to meet the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives. Primary duties for this position include acting as a liaison between management and staff, general office management, production of organization documents and materials, meeting planning and follow-up, coordinating with contractors and vendors, and more. For the full position description, please visit this link.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Affirmation
The Estuary Partnership is committed to increasing diversity in the environmental field by providing supportive career development opportunities for people of color. People from communities of color, underserved communities, and low-income communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Estuary Partnership recognizes the importance of and values an inclusive and diverse organization and we are committed to broadening the diversity of voices present and active in and served by all aspects of our organization. A diverse and inclusive organization with a workforce, Board of Directors, and committee membership that reflects the diversity of our communities creates a more robust and resourceful organization. It creates an environment in which everyone is respected and accepted and increases our ability to serve our community.
The Estuary Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin, age, disability, physical appearance or genetic information, cultural, socio-economic status, or military or veteran status. The Estuary Partnership is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and values the hiring of protected veterans or individuals with veteran status.
Discrimination is not tolerated at the Estuary Partnership.
The Estuary Partnership will only accept online applications for this position.
To apply, please follow the application instructions below, fill out the online form, and upload a single PDF or Microsoft Word document that contains the required information.
Applications must include the following, or they will not be accepted:
- Cover Letter: Your letter should include the specific experience you have relevant to the job description.
- Detailed Resume: Your resume should provide dates and specific duties of current and past employment.
- Professional References: Provide the names, organizations, and titles of three professional references. References will not be contacted without your prior permission.
- Question Response: Submit your answers in acceptable business format to the following questions. Your answers will be evaluated for writing style, clarity, and content. Each answer must be at least 200 and not more than 450 words.
- What are the most important qualities of an Executive Assistant and why? In what ways does this position contribute to the success of the Executive Director to effectively lead the organization? Please provide specific examples of your experience to support your answer.
- Describe how you have served as a liaison internally and externally for a senior executive. Give specific examples. What does that mean, what types of things did you do?
- Describe how you stay organized in your work and what skills you use to do so. As an example, if you were asked to conduct an office-wide equipment inventory, how would you go about the project?
- Please describe how your experiences, interests, culture, and/or outlook can contribute to our goal of having a more diverse work force and serving all members of our community. Describe your experience working with diverse populations, communities of color, or economically challenged communities.
Questions: If you have any difficulty uploading your file or questions, please contact Maggie Scott at 503-226-1565 ext. 231 or by email.